Friday, May 2, 2008

Farewell


Well, the end of the semester is approaching very quickly and I am very overwhelmed with all the work that I have to accomplish. This means that my health communication class is also coming to an end which means no more blogging for me. I'm just kidding :) I actually feel very accomplished and good about blogging every week and might still continue doing it. My health communication class was definitely very informative and interesting in comparison to my other classes this semester. The key thing I can take from this class is the importance of our target audience and placing them in the center, AND look for ways to reach and meet their needs through formative research. I also learned that we definitely have to keep up to date with all the entertainments out there to be able to incorporate health messages that would grab our audience attention. So many great technologies exist that would make our job easier in trying to reach the right target audience. As I have mentioned earlier in the semester, our health is the most important thing in life. Another important essential part of our lives is communication and if we combine the two then health communications becomes a huge part of our lives. Thus, we should make sure we can get our health messages across through effective communications. In my health communication course, I leaned various techniques in using effective communication to promote health. It was great and hopefully I will use these techniques throughout my career path in Public Health!

No comments: